Wineries and Breweries in Coeur d'Alene
Wine and romance go hand in hand. So our guests often find that wine tasting adds a nice touch to their stay with us. Though no grapes are grown in North Idaho, it's just a day's drive to Idaho wine country near Caldwell. It's also a short drive to our Coeur d'Alene winery and the wineries in Spokane, or some of the region's finest wine areas in eastern Washington, such as Walla Walla and Tri-Cities. Visit Wines Northwest
for more information.
The North Idaho area boasts a couple of wineries:
- Coeur d'Alene Cellars - located at 3890 N. Schrieber Way, CDA 208-664-2336. Coeur d'Alene Cellars showcases its premium wine selections at its winery location. They do tastings daily except Sunday and Monday, & open at noon! This wine bar offers cuisine tastings, gift ideas, gourmet baskets, as well as wine to go. Over 3,000 cases a year are produced.
- Pend d'Oreille Winery - at 301 Cedar St. in Sandpoint. Beautiful winery, bistro (Bistro Rouge) with indoor and outdoor dining, and a gift shop. The winery is about 46 miles to the North of CDA. Their grapes are sourced from World class vineyards around the Northwest.
- Shepard Handcrafted 208-660-1842 102 N Coeur d'Alene Ave. Harrison, ID Handcrafted fruit wines from local fruit. Light flavorful wines, not the expected dessert wines you may associcate with these fruits.
The Inland Northwest Wineries of Spokane host a holiday wine fest in November and spring barrel tasting in May. Wineries and tasting rooms are located off interstate 90 between Coeur d'Alene and Highway 2 in Spokane:
Other Northwest Wine Information
Tasting the local brews has become another popular activity when visiting our area. Check out the following award winning pubs and tasting rooms for a refreshing micro brew, some made with local malt and barley when available. A few include family restaurants serving lunch and dinner too!
- Crafted Taphouse on 523 Sherman Ave. 208-292-4813 The name tells you who they are. We have 50 taps available and serve some delightful foodie items as well. Converted garage that creates menu items that reflect the heritage of the location. Tourists and locals alike enjoy this fun Taphouse.
- Mad Bomber Brewing on 9265 N Government Way A collaboration of veterans who served in the Army as bomb technicians. 208-762-7343
- Paragon Brewery on 9265 N Government Way 208-772-9292 Inspired by classic pub dishes from Britain with a Northwest influence created to give you the best possible pub food and beer pairings.
- Trickster's Brewing Company on 3850 N. Schreiber Way, between Hwy 95 and Ramsey Road off Kathleen Ave. 970-764-07128 Creators of iconic brews like Cougar Bay Blonde, Bear Trap Brown or Coyote Morning IPA. They have a variety of seasonal brews as well, and don't miss Inspector Stonewall's Amber Ale. Just opened in 2013 is and outdoor beer garden for your enjoyment on Thursday through Saturday.
- Slate Creek Brewing Company located at 1710 N. 4th Street Suite 115 in Coeur d'Alene is owned by 2 brothers, Jason and Ryan Wing. Tasting Room hours are Thursday through Saturday from 2-10pm. Perhaps the most distinctive offering they serve is the Norse Nectar, a juniper pale ale. You might choose to try the toasty and nutty Salmon Run Red, or the Harper's Stout.
Two more newer breweries in Post Falls, our nearest neighbor, just about 7 miles from our front door via the shortcut.
- Selkirk Abbey was established in 2012. Located at 6180 E. Seltice Way in Post Falls and open from 3-7 pm M-Th and 1-8pm Friday and Saturday. The Belgian influenced brews they serve range from the spicy Saison to the rich and malty Trappist.
Not too far from Coeur d'Alene are 5 more that you won't want to miss:
- MickDuffs in Sandpoint (about 45 minutes to the North, is more than a brewery. You can enjoy the great brews while having a delicious meal in the family friendly restaurant! Established in 2006 by two Irish brothers, Mickey and Duffy. They serve a variety of great brews from North Idaho Pale Ale to a Huckleberry Blonde mixed with locally made Huckleberry puree.
- Laughing Dog say their brews are "Fetchingly Good!" Located in Ponderay (just a wee bit North of Sandpoint) at 1109 Fontaine Drive. They have been in business since 2005 and brewed over 15 beers. And yes...they do have a dog...Ben! The brewery features a tap room, daily tours and a gift shop.
- Wallace Brewing Co. located at 610 Bank Street in Wallace, Idaho, just about 45 minutes to the East of us. Our guests say the brews have names that took inspiration from the local mines & miners in the area as well as the former bordellos....Dirty Blonde Pale Ale and Vindicator IPA.
- North Idaho Mountain Brewery in the City Limits Pub & Grill which opened in 2011. Located at 108 Nine Mile Road in Wallace. This Brew Pub featires a friendly local atmosphere with a big variety of beer brewed on site.
- Kootenai River Brewing Company & Restaurant Located at 6424 Riverside and 1st Street in downtown Bonners Ferry. This family friendly establishment overlooks the Kootenai River and is open daily from 11-10pm. They serve beer as well as wine from the Naumann Vineyards, a small family estate winery in the Santa Cruz mountains of CA. Try their American Pilsner, one of 5 always on tap, and check out their beer cheese soup.